Coming Along...

Wondering what we're working on lately? Currently we are working on creating a strong financial foundation, preparing for a move to North Carolina (goal date: summer 2013), slowly building up a collection of spooky items, and starting our foray into miniature models.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes...

Yes, I started the 'road to spookytown' blog with a Disney song quote. It's not entirely inappropriate though. Walt Disney is a big inspiration to me in a lot of ways. It's just that instead of princesses and fairy castles and talking mice, I want to create a land of ghosts and goblins and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night.

I've had a dream for many years. A dream of creating something. A dream that has grown and grown and grown over time. A dream I have collected many ideas for, talked to friends about, planned out in my head over and over. I even thought about starting this blog time and again to talk about how we are getting to that dream, but I kept putting it off because it never seemed like we were really working towards the dream itself, and I didn't think I'd have anything exciting to write about. Not for several more years, anyway.

Last weekend, that may have all changed. We might actually be able to realize the dream much quicker than we'd previously imagined. I'm trying not to get TOO excited in case it doesn't pan out, but I am having trouble containing myself.

Won't you join us on what is guaranteed to be a CRAAAAAAZY ride as we work towards building our own little spooktastic version of disney world? It's guaranteed to be a scream!

No comments:

Post a Comment