Coming Along...

Wondering what we're working on lately? Currently we are working on creating a strong financial foundation, preparing for a move to North Carolina (goal date: summer 2013), slowly building up a collection of spooky items, and starting our foray into miniature models.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The State Of Our Abnormal Nation

It's been a while. Spookytown remains a dream. One I'd like to see become a reality. Unfortunately it doesn't seem as if it's going to happen with Spirits Haunted Bar... at least, not at the location in Mount Carroll that we had our eyes on. In the end, it just didn't make financial sense.

What we have from the whole experience is a decent business plan and... experience. Which we will use to continue working on the dream.

Financially in general, things are rough for us. That's no surprise I'm sure; they are rough for a whole lot of people these days. We have lots of work to do before we can launch a new business. We will keep working on that behind the scenes.

We are also talking about moving to North Carolina in a year. It may turn out that Spookytown will end up being in the mountains somewhere. We'll just have to see as things come together.

In the meantime, I'm going to start working on one of the other pieces of Spookytown... the Not House. For those outside of my inner circle (those poor souls have been hearing me come up with wild and crazy 'Not House' ideas for years now!), there is a future post coming explaining this new project. For now, suffice to say that it's something for which I've been gathering ideas for ages but have never really worked on. It occurred to me recently that a) I'm not getting any younger and b) a lot of these ideas are things I can start working on even if I don't have a display space for them at the time. Many of the ideas for the Not House involve displaying different collections, for instance; no point waiting until I have the whole business mapped out and space purchased before I START collecting, right?



Project one: miniatures! Specifically, my miniature Tales From The Crypt mansion. More on that later as well.

Crazy dreams mean lots of crazy twists on the way, right? Looking forward to seeing where this one takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment