Coming Along...

Wondering what we're working on lately? Currently we are working on creating a strong financial foundation, preparing for a move to North Carolina (goal date: summer 2013), slowly building up a collection of spooky items, and starting our foray into miniature models.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thank You

Since we have started talking about this endeavor, we have met with nothing but support and enthusiasm from pretty much everyone we have talked to. I can't express how much that warms my heart, knowing that there are so many people out there supporting our dream, rooting for us, and encouraging us.

One of the things that I am most excited about is the fact that people seem to be really EXCITED about this idea. Excited, interested, eager to visit. It seems to be something that the horror community as a whole would really enjoy, which is of course what I want. It's something *I* would enjoy, being a horror maven myself, and while it seems only natural that others with similar interests would want to congregate in a place like the one I imagine... it's one thing to believe that people would be interested, and another thing to hear person after person tell us "hey, I love that idea! That's really cool."

you all warm my twisted little heart <3

So, thank you. Thank you to everyone who has been encouraging us. Thank you to everyone who has been voting for us in the grant contest. Thank you to everyone who has started following our journey. Thank you to everyone who wants to come visit us once we're established. Thank you to everyone who has been spreading the word to their family and friends.

And a very, very special thank you to BJ-C at the phenomenal horror blog Day Of The Woman for inviting me to write a little article about my dream in the hopes of drumming up interest (and, if we're lucky, contest votes) in the horror community. Her blog is fantastic, it's one of my favorites, and I was so thrilled when she asked me to email her with a description of Spirits / Spookytown. She's definitely getting an invite to the Grand Opening party! :)

just a reminder to please click here to vote for our bar to win a grant from Mom Central! You can vote once daily now through April 15th. It would mean a lot to us. Thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment